How to Cultivate Happiness
While you are the only one who can decide what makes you happy, we suggest the following practices to cultivate more happiness in your life:
- Cultivate Mindfulness and Equanimity through Meditation to Increase Happiness, Reduce Suffering and find Inner Peace. Click here for instruction and resources
- Respect Life. Examine your own life and conduct and make sure that you are doing everything you can to respect the life, liberty and property of your fellow human being.
- Be Thankful. Start each day with a Gratitude List. Take note of three things you are grateful for.
- Accept. Accept that the past cannot be changed and that the future is still just a vision. Make today the best that it can be.
- Exercise the Powers of Vision, Intention and Action. Envision your desired outcomes, set the intention, and then take the appropriate actions. There is an abundant supply of matter and energy awaiting your direction.
- Know. Know that whatever challenges you are now facing, it is possible to transcend or find peace with these challenges. Click here for instruction and resources
- Help Others. Strive to perform One Good Deed each day. Who can you help or cheer up today?
- Produce/Create/Serve/Trade. It has been said that productivity is the basis of morale. Create something useful or provide a service and offer it to the world. You can often get what you want if you help enough people get what they want. Problem solvers tend to prosper.
- Laugh. Try to see the humor in all things. Laughter truly is a great medicine.
- Rest and Relax. Strive to rest and relax frequently.
- Share these ideas with others.
- Join us in practicing mindfulness
- Support the church with your tax-deductible donation
The Chart of Human Happiness: